My Favorite Fall Comfort Food


Hey guys, long time no talk! I've been revamping the blog a lot lately to include more lifestyle posts and to share things that I really love whether that be clothing, food, or fun things to do! I miss blogging but life has been changing a lot lately so I'm finally getting back into a routine, I apologize that it's been so long, I miss y'all!

To kick off my return to blogging I wanted to share my favorite fall comfort food with you! During fall, and quite frankly all year, I am a sucker for anything pumpkin. I'm not kidding you; candles, pumpkin bars, coffee, everything. I hoard that stuff during fall like it's nobody's business. So I figured I'd spread the love, if you're as obsessed as I am, you have to make this pasta! It looks beautiful which means it would be perfect for entertaining but it's simple and so delicious that it's also the perfect comfort food for a lazy night in and a Halloween movie marathon (Hocus Pocus anyone?)

homemade pumpkin pasta sauce

PUMPKIN PASTA

Ingredients

  • 1 lb. Spaghetti or Alfredo Noodles 
  • 1 1/2 cups Pureed Pumpkin (plain do not use pumpkin pie filling)
  • 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil 
  • 2 cups Milk or Heavy Cream 
  • 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan 
  • 1 Tbsp. Parsley (you can use fresh, I use dried because it's always in my cupboard)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 clove Minced Garlic (I use already minced garlic in a jar so I use about 2 Tbsp. but I love garlic so you can cut back some if you don't want it to be too strong)
  • 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
  • 1 cup Chicken or Vegetables Broth

Directions

  1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. 
  2. Add minced garlic and cook one minute until fragrant (don't let it brown)
  3. Add broth and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
  4. Stir in the milk or heavy cream, pumpkin, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and simmer for ten minutes. 
  5. Cook your pasta per the directions to al dente. 
  6. Mix your pasta with the sauce and cook for a minute. 
  7. Top with the parsley and parmesan cheese. 
That's it! It's seriously that simple. I'd love to know if you try this recipe and what you think!

No comments