Southern & Sweet Buttermilk Pie

Hey y'all! I have been just craving sweets lately, I don't know what the deal is but it's crazy! That being said I decided to bust out a family recipe favorite of mine that I just love. If you've never heard of or tried Buttermilk Pie I'd say it's similar to Chess Pie but has a little bit more of a tangy side to it. It's delicious! So I wanted to share the recipe with y'all so you can try it for yourselves!


Classic Southern Buttermilk Pie

Ingredients
  • 1 Deep Dish Pie Crust, unbaked (I cheat and use frozen) 
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
Directions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix together eggs, flour, sugar, buttermilk, butter, lemon juice, vanilla and salt until well combined. 
  3. Pour into your unbaked pie crust and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes ( until set and golden brown on top)
  4. Remove from oven and let cool. 
  5. Refridgerate at least 2 hours before serving to allow the pie to set. 
  6. Store in the refrigerator. 




Let me know if you try it out and tell me what you think! 





No comments